Great Ormond Street Hospital is acknowledged as one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals, treating children and young people with complex and life threatening illnesses. Working in partnership with the UCL Institute of Child Health, the hospital is the largest paediatric research and training centre in the UK, and one of a very small number of internationally recognised centres of excellence in the field of child health.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Great Ormond Street Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity Design Team, producing work that will ultimately benefit some of the sickest children in the UK.
This is a creative and challenging role, helping to produce a diverse range of print and digital publications and marketing materials. You will be part of a highly motivated team and reporting to one of our designers.
You must have:
• a degree-level qualification in graphic design
• full-time print design experience, ideally within an in-house design team
• excellent typographic skills and attention to detail
• a portfolio of work, demonstrating an ability to work creatively within brand guidelines
• excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• experience of working to varied and challenging deadlines
• a genuine motivation to work in the charity sector.
Please apply with (1) your CV, (2) a PDF showing three examples of your design work, with brief information about the project and what your contribution was, and (3) a covering letter of no more than 500 words, answering the following questions (please give examples where appropriate):
• Why do you want to work at Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity?
• What strategies do you use to organise your workload and manage your time effectively to meet deadlines?
• What are your strengths when working as part of a design team?
Applications that do not follow this guidance will not be progressed.
Please email to: please click on the apply button and quote reference GOSHCC62 in the subject line. Postal applications are also accepted.
Closing date for applications: 25 January 2013.
Please see our website www.gosh.org for a full job description and person specification, our benefits, and further information about the Charity.
If invited for interview you will be asked to bring along your portfolio.
Due to limited resources and the large number of applications we receive, we are only able to inform shortlisted candidates of the outcome of their application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If your application is not successful we hope that you will not be discouraged and will still apply for other suitable vacancies.
Come and join a creative and passionate team guided by the hospitals’ motto: the child first and always.